3D imaging (tomography and FIB-SEM), cryo-immunogold labelling
The facility is equipped with a FEI Tecnai G2 Spirit BT electron microscope, a FIB-SEM microscope, microtomes for sectioning and a sample preparation lab. The Tecnai G2 BT Spirit microscope is equipped for automatic tilt series acquisition for tomographic studies. For regular users individual training on sample preparation and microscope use will be provided.
Others will have to utilize the services of the facility staff for experiments. Contact us for help with planning of the experiments
- Routine Electron microscopy with epon embedding, for analysis of general cell and/or tissue ultrastructure;
- Whole-mount electron microscopy preparation for investigation of ultrastructural changes in fractionated organelles or viral particles
- Immuno-electron microscopy for ultrastructural evaluation of localisation (and co-localisation) of proteins of interest;
- Correlative light-electron microscopy (CLEM), for electron microscopy analyses of structures observed in living cells before fixation, and of individual cells with various expression levels genes of interest, or particular intracellular distributions of a gene product.
- Electron Tomography (ET) for 3D study of complex cellular structures, such as organelles, cytoskeleton, and chromosomes. It recovers the specimen’s 3D structure via computerized tomographic reconstruction from a set of 2D projections obtained with Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM) at different tilt angles.
- Cryo-immunogold labeling.
- Electron Tomography and Focused ion beam – scanning electron microscopy (FIB – SEM)
- Image analysis station equipped withFEI 3D reconstruction, : iTEM, Amira and IMOD.